Aubergine is a versatile vegetable that becomes wonderfully soft in the oven. Add some lemon, mushroom, rice, and spinach so the taste becomes mellower. Try also other vegetables with this dish, like zucchini or paprika.
1 pack Pulled Oats® Tomato or Nude
½ garlic clove
100 g mushrooms
200 g fresh spinach
100 g parmesan (vegan)
6 tbsp cream cheese (vegan)
4 tbsp bread crumbs
Zest of 1 lemon
2 tbsp fresh dill
2 tbsp fresh parsley
200 g crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 veg stock cube
200g cooked rice
- Slice aubergines lengthways in half. Scoop out middle, leaving about 1 cm around.
- Drizzle olive oil on both sides of aubergines and salt. Grill in oven at 225C for 10 minutes. Then turn over and grill for another 10 minutes.
- Dice garlic, onion, mushroom and spinach.
- Fry the garlic and onion in pan until golden. Add mushroom, the scooped inside of aubergines chopped, spinach, Pulled Oats®. Fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add cream cheese, zest of lemon, stock cube, parsley, dill, crushed tomatoes and tomato puree. Mix well then add rice.
- Stuff the aubergine halves and top with bread crumbs and parmesan. Cook in oven for 10-15 minutes until top is golden.